Saturday, January 26, 2013

For Class #2, 1/28/13

Unfortunately I'm in Massachusetts with my Dad, who is terminally ill and not expected to be with us beyond the next week. I was looking forward to this coming meeting, but I have to cancel class for this week and simply let you know the next assignment:

Reading: from Chapter 1, "Introduction," read the following--

------>Clare Palmer, "An Overview of Environmental Ethics," pp 10-35;
------>Thomas Hill, "Ideals of Human Excellence and Preserving Natural Environments," pp 36-45.

And type a page: Professor Hill's point seems to be that a person's attitude and relationship with nature and use of resources reflects one's true character and moral framework. (A) Do you agree that that is a fair summary of his views? (B) If that is his view, do you agree or disagree that his conclusion is true? Be sure to support both of your points.

Please e-mail your reflection to me--use the address on the course description/syllabus page.

I expect to have class on schedule February 4th. Thanks!

No comments: